Rebuilding Together provides assistance to people who own their own home, but who, because of physical or financial limitation, are not able to cover the costs of home repair. The selection process takes place locally. All labor and materials are free for qualified homeowners and non-profits. The application deadline for the next Rebuild Day (May 7, 2016) is February 15, 2016. There is NO application fee.
In conformance with US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) policy, Rebuilding Together – Monterey/Salinas shall not discriminate against, nor exclude from participation, any applicant for assistance on the ground of either their race, color, religion (creed), sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
To qualify you must meet the following guidelines:
– Low-income homeowner as defined by HUD Income Limits Summary for Monterey County (typically, these individuals are disabled, elderly, veterans or families with children). Household income is based on everyone living in the home. Income includes paychecks, Social Security, child support, alimony and any other sources of income.
Household Size – Household Income
1 person – $40,600 or less
2 people – $46,400 or less
3 people – $52,200 or less
4 people – $58,000 or less
5 people – $62,650 or less
6 people – $67,300 or less
7 people – $71,950 or less
8 people – $76,600 or less
– Homes must be located in Rebuilding Together’s service area, which includes Carmel, Carmel by the Sea, Carmel Village, Castroville, Del Rey Oaks, Marina, Monterey, Pacific Grove, Prunedale, Salinas, Sand City, Seaside and Spreckels.
– Non-profit facilities that serve low-income clients, such as shelters, social service agencies and community centers, are eligible.
– Referrals for qualified homeowners are accepted from non-profit agencies, churches/synagogues, businesses and individuals.
– RENTAL PROPERTIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
Homeowner Application (ENGLISH)
Homeowner Application (SPANISH)
*These applications are PDF files. The software used to read PDF files (Acrobat Reader), can be downloaded for free from Adobe.
There is no application fee to receive assistance from Rebuilding Together. Rebuilding Together has not authorized any other person or entity to act as its agent for purposes of this application and any fees or costs associated with this application paid by the applicant to any such person or entity are not fees or costs charged by Rebuilding Together.
Please return completed applications to:
Rebuilding Together – Monterey Salinas
PO Box 3323
Monterey, CA 93942
Or fax to: (831) 740-3836
Or scan and email to: email@example.com